CHEF JASON NORTON / GERMANTOWN CAFE' / LEMON POPPY SEED FRENCH TOAST
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread INGREDIENTS:
Eggs 2 ea.
Sugar 1.5 cups
oil .75 cups
pure vanilla extract 1 tsp
Poppy seeds .25 cup.
Lemon juice 1 TBL
Lemon zest From 2 lemons
Flour 2 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp.
Salt 1 tsp.
Evaporated milk 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 325( fan on low), spray loaf pans with bakers joy and set aside.
2. Beat eggs in mixer with Wisk until blended.
3. Add sugar,oil,vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest . Mix well.
4. In a bowl Wisk flour, baking powder and salt together, add to mixture on speed one until combined.
5. Add evaporated milk mix until well combined.
6. Pour into prepped pans and bake for one hour or until done.
French Toast Batter INGREDIENTS:
Half and Half
1. Combine all ingredients until incorporated.
2. Submerge slices of bread in mixture
3. Place bread on a hot Skillet or griddle
4. Cook on both sides until done