CHEF JON ASHTON
Double Espresso BBQ Chicken Tacos
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 cups roasted chicken
4 fat-free flour tortillas
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese e
Optional toppings: fresh lime wedges, diced tomato, finely shredded red cabbage, sliced green onion, chopped fresh jalapeno salsa
2 cups BBQ sauce
1/2 cup Van Gogh double espresso
1. Prepare and preheat grill
2. Place double espresso in a medium pan a cook for 10 minutes to reduce
3. Place tortillas on grill and cook until lightly charred on both sides, about 20 seconds per side.
4. Divide chicken among tortillas; top evenly with BBQ sauce, sour cream mixture and cheese.
5. Serve with toppings, as desired.
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
(Makes 8 servings)
1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chopped onion
6 Garlic cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons chilli powder
8 cups reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
1 cup hominy
16 ounces fresh or frozen white corn
2 dried ancho chillies
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
Corn tortilla chips
1 package Cabot's sharp cheddar cheese
1. In saucepan, combine chicken breasts and water. Bring to gentle simmer and cook just until set in center.
2. Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium heat, combine onion, garlic and oil; cook, stirring, until onions are tender. Set aside.
3. Transfer cooked chicken to plate to cool. Strain cooking liquid into another saucepan.
4. Add canned broth to cooking liquid and bring to simmer. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and reserved onion mixture and cook until heated through.
5. In each of eight large soup bowls, arrange about 8 tortilla chips. Shred cooled chicken and divide among bowls. Ladle hot soup over chips and chicken; top with grated cheese.