JAMIE & BOBBY DEEN / COOKBOOK AUTHORS
1-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 35 crackers)
2-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (10 ounces)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni (8 ounces uncooked), drained and kept hot
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan.
2. In a bowl, combine the crackers, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and the melted butter. Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups and press firmly in the bottom and up the sides of the cups.
3. In a large bowl, mix the macaroni with 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. In a small bowl, combined the eggs, milk, sour cream, cold butter pieces, and salt. Stir the milk mixture into the macaroni.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the macaroni mixture into each cracker crust and top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and slightly crispy. Allow the pies to cool slightly before unmolding and serving warm.
Serves 8 kids or 4 adults
TEN-MINUTE BLACKBERRY CREAM PIE
One 10-ounce package fresh or frozen blackberries (thawed if frozen)
3 tablespoons blackberry jam
One 8-ounce tub Cool Whip whipped topping
One 9-inch store-bought graham cracker pie crust
1. Place the blackberries in a bowl and mash with a fork until broken up. Add the jam and mix until combined.
2. Spoon the blackberry mixture into the crust. Top with Cool Whip and serve.
Serves 6 to 8