CHEF ERIK LINDELOF / PIE IN THE SKY
Preheat your oven to 400° F.
-8 oz. pizza dough (pre-made pizza dough from your local grocery store or from Pie in the Sky)
-1/2 cup flour
-1/4 cup olive oil
-2 oz. pre-cooked crumbled bacon
-3 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese (you can substitute with blue cheese)
-3 oz. of sliced Portobello mushrooms
-2 oz washed Baby Spoon Spinach
-3 oz Chipotle Ranch dressing (recipe shown below)
Begin by rolling your dough into a tight ball.
Chipotle Ranch Dressing:
Honey Jalapeno Chicken Wings
1/4 cup fine chopped Jalapeno (fresh or canned)
2 tablespoons of your favorite honey
2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon molasses
3 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ Sauce
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (for sautéing)
2 quarts vegetable oil (for deep frying)
10 raw chicken wings
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
1. Season chicken wings with kosher salt by tossing inside a bowl to ensure even distribution.
2. Bake wings on an oven pan @ 300 degrees for 30 min, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
3. While wings are baking, heat vegetable oil in a heavy pot or tabletop fryer to 350 degrees.
4. Using a whisk, mix together the honey, sugar, molasses, white vinegar and BBQ Sauce in a mixing bowl.
5. After wings have cooked in the oven, carefully place them into the hot fry oil and cook for 1-1 1/2 minutes, or until skin is crispy.
6. Remove wings from fry oil and either drain thoroughly or place in a pan lined with paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
7. Preheat a sauté pan over medium high heat for 1 minute.
8. Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into the sauté pan and swirl around to coat pan evenly.
9. Carefully add the chopped jalapeno to the sauté pan, stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
10. Add the sauce to the sauté pan and blend the jalapenos together with the sauce.
11. Add the crispy wings and reduce the down heat down to medium.
12. Continue to stir and toss the wings in the pan until the sauce has reduced and caramelized onto the wings, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Pour yourself a tall glass of water, get a big stack of napkins, and ENJOY!!
CAUTION: LICK YOUR LIPS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!