EXECUTIVE CHEF RODNEY AMOS / BIG RIVER GRILLE
INGREDIENTS FOR FRUIT SALSA
2 cups strawberries, stemmed, diced
1 cup fresh pineapple peeled, cored, sliced
2 cups papaya peeled, seeded, diced
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch kosher salt
1. Slice the pineapple into half-inch slices lengthwise and grill until soft and grill marks are evident.
2. Remove the pineapple from the grill, let cool and dice into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Cover and refrigerate until ready.
PROCEDURE FOR BLACKEN MAHI MAHI
1. Lightly coat both sides of the Mahi with a Blackening seasoning, then place on a hot buttered griddle or outdoor grill.
2. Cook Mahi for about 4 to 5 min on each side. Fish should still be moist not dry.
3. Temperature should be 140 degrees F.