JIM HAGY / CHEF's MARKET CAFE & TAKEAWAY
1 lb sweet Italian sausage
3/4 lb lean ground beef
1/2 c minced onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 (6oz) cans tomato paste
2 (6.5 oz) cans canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 T white sugar
1 ½ t dried basil leaves
½ t fennel seeds
1 t Italian seasoning
1 T salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
2 T chopped fresh parsley
16 oz Ricotta cheese (Polly O or Sierra)
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1/2 t salt
3/4 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until well browned.
2. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water.
3. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seed, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally. In a mixing bowl, Combine ricotta cheese with egg, 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, add a dash of nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
1. Spray the cupcake tin with olive oil to prevent sticking and add a little flavor.
2. Place the wrapper into the shape of the tin.
3. Spoon a dollop of sauce into the bottom of the tin.
4. Layer a teaspoon of ricotta cheese next.
5. Layer of sliced mozzarella.
6. Sprinkle a teaspoon of parmesan.
7. Press another wrapper onto mixture.
8. Repeat filling, ending with sauce and cheeses.
Bake 20 minutes
24 Wonton wrappers
Preheat 375 degrees
Prepare the sauce