CHEF COREY SIBLEY / C&K CATERING
Pan Pasta Frittata
5-7 large eggs or 1- 16oz carton of liquid eggs
3 ounces cheese, cut into small pieces (about 1 cup)- cheddar, mozzarella, or 4-cheese blend
3/4 cup heirloom (grape) tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Lawry's Season Salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 pound (about 1 cup) cooked pasta (penne, preferably)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs (or pour if liquid eggs). Stir in the cheese, tomatoes, basil and parmesan; season with Lawry's.
3. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pasta and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the egg mixture and cook until the edges begin to firm up. Using a wooden spoon, draw the cooked egg edges toward the center of the pan, letting the raw egg run to the rim of the pan. Continue until the frittata is almost set but still slightly runny in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the oven to finish cooking, for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes. Using a spatula (rubber), loosen the edge of the frittata.
5. Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.