NASHVILLE, Tenn.- Firefighters were able to keep a fast-moving fire from destroying a home Sunday night in Madison.
Fire fighters rushed to Colonial Court Sunday evening. The family said they were in the kitchen when they smelled smoke. When they got to the garage it was on fire.
"It was instant, it came up so fast. I tried to put the hose on there, but I knew there was gasoline in there and I know water and that don't mix. I had a chemical fire extinguisher, but it ran out. And she was like get the heck out of there," said homeowner, Steve Hunter.
The fire burned through a wall reaching several rooms, but firefighters stopped it from spreading to the entire house. Everyone escaped without injury.