CHEF JAKE STRANG / 1808 GRILLE
2 ea. pork tenderloins, trimmed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 ea. shallot, sliced
1 sprig thyme
Salt & pepper
¼ c. Olive oil
1. Place pork in Ziploc bag with garlic, shallot, and thyme.
2. Add olive oil and seal bag. Mix well.
3. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
4. Remove pork and season well with salt and pepper.
5. Allow to come to room temperature before searing.
6. Sear pork over medium-high heat, turning as pork browns on all sides.
7. Finish in 400¢ª oven until internal temperature reaches 145¢ª.
8. Remove and let rest about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.¡¡
1 ea. large shallots, sliced
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
2 c. frozen cherries
1/2 c. dried cherries
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 oz. sherry
1 thyme sprig¡¡
1. Sweat shallots in sauce pan with little oil.
2. Add brown sugar and cook to melt completely.
3. Add vinegar, cherries, and thyme.
4. Cook until cherries are tender.
5. Add sherry and vanilla. Continue to cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and remove from heat.
6. Puree in blender until smooth
2 ea. pears (any variety will do)
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 head radicchio, cleaned and shaved thin
4 chives, cut in 1" pieces
¼ c. parsley, washed and roughly chopped
1. Wash pears and cut each into 8 wedges.
2. In a small bowl, toss pears with honey, oil, and salt & pepper to coat well.
3. In a sauté pan, heat just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan over medium high heat.
4. Carefully add pears and sauté until caramelized.
5. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
6. Toss with radicchio, and herbs.
7. Season lightly with salt & pepper.
Seared pears & radicchio salad