NASHVILLE, Tenn.- A service to honor the memories of the five people who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a rented RV in Clarksville a year ago was held Tuesday.
The five Clarksville residents were found dead inside a trailer while camping at a biker event in 2011. The state medical examiners reported indicated that 45 percent of carbon monoxide saturation levels were found in their blood. Levels greater than 10 percent can cause adverse reactions such as headache and nausea; anything over 40 percent could potentially be fatal.
The victims were 39-year-old Timothy Bryan Stone, 32-year-old Allison Elizabeth Bagwell-Wyatt, 38-year-old James Franklin Wall; and a married couple, Jonathan Michael Over and his wife Kathryn, both 27. They were found September 18 at the Clarksville Speedway during a Bikers Who Care event that raises money for needy children.
Throughout the day Tuesday events were held to honor the victims. Early in the day a plaque was placed at West Creek Middle School to in memory of the late Katy Over, a former teacher there. A public ceremony was also held at Clarksville Speedway. Members of Bikers Who Care rode from the clubhouse to the speedway in memory of those members lost.
After the five deaths in 2011 Gov. Bill Haslam changed state law to require that RV lessors and lessees acknowledge that an RV has a working carbon monoxide detector. Before, they weren't required to have them at all.