HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn .- A four alarm apartment fire was reported in Hendersonville Monday afternoon.
Emergency crews were called to the Lake D'Ville Apartments on Hickory Heights Drive just after 1 p.m. Officials said the fire began in building F. Several local fire crews were called to the scene to help battle the blaze.
The apartment complex was evacuated, although no injuries were reported.
The fire was put out by 3 p.m. and residents were allowed to return to their homes. Officials said the fire was started by a man smoking on the balcony of his apartment. He tossed a lit cigarette off the balcony and into a pile of leaves. The combination of the dead leaves and high winds caused the fire to spread rapidly.