Gas Leak Evacuates Belmont University Residence Hall - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Gas Leak Evacuates Belmont University Residence Hall

Posted: Updated:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A Belmont University residence hall was evacuated Wednesday afternoon following a gas leak.

A construction crew working at Belmont University hit a gas line around 1:30 p.m. in the 2000 block of 15th Avenue South. It set off an alarm inside the garage below Dickens Hall.

Officials said backhoe hit a gas line outside of a new dormitory being built. Gas seeped into into the garage of a neighboring dormitory and the alarm went off.

Dickens Hall was evacuated as the Nashville Fire Department aired the building. The students were allowed back in around 2 p.m.

No one was hurt.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.