NASHVILLE, Tenn.- A family narrowly escaped its burning RV
"She was woken by the
fire, woke her husband up, and as he was trying to put the fire out, he got
some small burns to his hands and legs. And all of them was able to escape
safely," said District Fire Chief Mike Crum.
The family, which includes
a three-year-old boy, was living in the parked RV on Nesbitt Lane in Madison.
Medics rushed the father to the hospital for the burns he got while trying to
put out the fire, but he's expected to recover. The Red Cross has now stepped
in to help.