JOHN KORMAN / CHUY'S
Margarine 4 tbsp.
Tomatillos, green, cleaned, roughly chopped 4 lbs (approx. 50)
Cilantro, chopped ¼ C
Green onions, chopped 5 oz.
Jalapeno slices, with juice ¼ C
Lime juice, fresh 2 tsp
Water 6 cups
Vegetable base 3 tbsp.
Salt, garlic and sugar 1 pinch of each
Cornstarch 10 tbsp. ¡¡
1. Clean and wash the vegetables.
2. Heat margarine in large stock pan
3. Put cilantro, green onions, jalapenos, lime juice and 1 pound of roughly chopped tomatillos (approx. 12) in the food processor.
4. Blend at low speed to reduce volume.
5. Add the rest of the tomatillos. Blend until pureed
6. Add tomatillo mixture to margarine. Sauté 10 minutes until it stops foaming.
7. In separate pan, mix cornstarch completely in water.
8. Stir vegetable base, salt, garlic and sugar into cornstarch mixture.
9. Add vegetable stock mixture to tomatillo puree. Bring to a boil, then continue to simmer (low boil) for approx. 10 minutes, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
10. Turn off heat and cool down for 15 minutes before serving. ¡¡
Tortillas (Blue Corn) 12
Whole Rotisserie Chicken 1 *Can buy at grocery deli
Monterey Jack Cheese 6 C
Tomatillo Sauce from above
1. Start each plate with one blue corn tortilla.
2. Cover with 2 oz. of roasted chicken
3. Top with Jack Cheese and 2 tbsp. of tomatillo sauce
4. Continue this two more times, creating a stack.
5. Top with jack cheese and ladle of tomatillo sauce
6. Garnish with beans, rice, lettuce, pico de gallo and jalapenos