Residents Displaced After Franklin Apartment Fire - | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Residents Displaced After Franklin Apartment Fire

Posted: Updated:

FRANKLIN, Tenn.- Two apartment units were damaged after a chimney caught fire at the Viera Cool Springs apartments Thursday afternoon.

The Franklin Fire Department was called to the Royal Oaks Boulevard apartment complex shortly before 3 p.m. Officials said the fire started at the top of the chimney above two units after an occupant on the first floor started a fire in her wood burning fireplace

Franklin Fire Marshal Andy King said the fire burned for some time before it was noticed by a passerby. Firefighters were able to contain the fire. No injured were reported, but the fire caused an estimated $20,000 worth of damage.

The residents of both apartment units were displaced because of the fire, but were receiving assistance from the complex.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.