Smyrna Duplex Fire Displaces Renters - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Smyrna Duplex Fire Displaces Renters

Posted: Updated:

By Jason Lamb

SMYRNA, Tenn. -- The Red Cross is helping two people without a home, after a grease fire got out of control in a kitchen, destroying one unit and badly damaging another.

It happened Friday evening at a duplex on McClary Road.

Amelia Nash said she accidentally fell asleep while she was cooking, and a grease fire started. Both Amelia and her neighbor escaped, and they have Amelia's dog, Shoog, to thank. Shoog woke Amelia up when the fire started.

Neither of the two people living in the duplex has renters insurance. Amelia says she plans on staying with a friend in town until she finds a new place to live.

Email: jlamb@newschannel5.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NC5JasonLamb
Twitter: www.twitter.com/NC5_JasonLamb



 

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.