SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. - A two-year-old girl has died in a house fire in Bedford County. The fire happened at a home on Hoover Street in Shelbyville Saturday morning, according to the Times-Gazette newspaper.
Fire officials say the fire is believed to be electrical in nature, and may have started in a front room of the home where the little girl died. The girl was staying with her grandmother while her mother was at work. The grandmother was taken to the hospital, but her injuries were described as minor.
An autopsy on the child is pending, and the State Bomb and Arson Squad will inspect the home to find out how the fire started.