Three Goodwill Employees Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Three Goodwill Employees Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Posted: Updated:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Fire officials believe a faulty propane-powered floor buffer led to the hospitalization of three Goodwill workers on Tuesday morning.

About 20 people were inside the store on Charlotte Avenue at 54th Avenue when the store's carbon monoxide detector went off around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. The manager evacuated the store and called 911.

"We are grateful for the Charlotte Avenue management staff and employees for their quick response to minimize injury to our employees and customers," said David Lifsey, President and CEO for Goodwill. "We take every precaution in making sure Goodwill is a safe place for our employees and customers, and their safety is a top priority."

The employees reported headaches and other symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The Hazmat team tested the facility and found elevated levels of carbon monoxide inside the building.

Customers were inside the store at the time, but did not report any symptoms. The building was aired out before anyone was allowed back inside. It reopened around 11:30 a.m.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.