1. In a saucepan, combine milk, cream and 1/2 cup sugar over medium heat and cook until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whip egg yolks with the remaining sugar until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of warm milk/cream into egg mixture, stirring constantly. Add this back into the saucepan and cook over very low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Stir in vanilla extract and hazelnut spread until completely dissolved.
DIRECTIONS FOR PEANUT BUTTER HALF
1. Wash, rinse and repeat, substituting 1/2 cup of peanut butter and adding pinch of salt in the final step.
Crank both bases in an ice cream freezer, and then incorporate Nutella and peanut butter chips into the opposite base. ENJOY!