South Nashville Home Destroyed By Fire - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

South Nashville Home Destroyed By Fire

Posted: Updated:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A south Nashville home was destroyed by fire Monday night.

When firefighters arrived on scene on Tampa Drive around 9:20 p.m. there was smoke and fire coming from the roof.

Fire officials said the blaze started after the resident was bringing in groceries and accidentally turned on the stove. The kitchen went up in flames and spread to the living room. 

Everyone in the home made it out safely with no injuries. The kitchen and living room were destroyed in the blaze.

No word if the homeowner had insurance.

Fire officials said the heat continued to interfere with fighting fires. 

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.