Family Displaced After Kitchen Fire At Murfreesboro Duplex - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Family Displaced After Kitchen Fire At Murfreesboro Duplex

Posted: Updated:

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – A family was displaced after a fire inside their Murfreesboro duplex Sunday afternoon.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of a duplex on Caroline Drive around 3 p.m. A neighbor heard the smoke alarm, spotted the fire in the kitchen, and called 911.

Firefighters got on scene and were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but the unit suffered heavy damage in the kitchen and living room.

Investigators believe the fire was started by unattended cooking.

The Red Cross was called in to help the displaced residents.

Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.