Officials: Candle Likely Started Goodlettsville House Fire - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Officials: Candle Likely Started Goodlettsville House Fire

Posted: Updated:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A candle was believed to have started a house fire in Goodlettsville on Tuesday night, according to fire officials.

The blaze started around 10:30 p.m. on Dorothy Drive. A woman and her dog were rescued from a bedroom by Goodlettsville firefighters.

The bedroom where the fire was believed to have begun was destroyed, while several other rooms suffered heat and smoke damage. Officials said the home did not have any power, but the woman told them she had a candle burning.

Officials believe the candle likely started the fire, but the cause remained under investigation.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.