Woman Critical After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Woman Critical After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted: Updated:

by Janet Kim

LAVERGNE, Tenn. - A midstate mother remains in critical condition after gas leaked into her mobile home while camping in Alabama.

Allison Morgan continues to fight for her life after she and her husband were camping near Talladega Superspeedway this weekend when officials say a gas leak from a stove entered their mobile home, killing Craig and sending Morgan to the hospital.

Morgan works at Tennessee Farmers Cooperative, where her colleagues are hoping and praying she recovers. She is an editor and a writer for the Cooperator, a magazine that includes stories about the agriculture community. Her work family says they're trying to show support to the Morgan family any way they can.

"What everybody can do is continue to pray, we all do that in our own way; secondly the opportunity to provide financial assistance for the trust they set up," said Joe Huffine, a manager with Tennessee Farmers Cooperative, who has worked closely with Morgan for nearly 20 years.

Morgan's brother Russ Goodman said while his sister is still in critical condition at UAB hospital, she's made improvements. He shared that a recent scan to Morgan's brain showed positive results, and there have been improvements to her heart and lung function.

The family has set up a fund for Morgan's 3-year-old daughter Carly. Donations can be made to:

First National Bank of Manchester
For the benefit of Carly Morgan, daughter of Craig and Allison Morgan
PO Box 989
Manchester, TN 37349

Email: jkim@newschannel5.com
Facebook: Facebook.com/NC5JanetKim
Twitter: Twitter.com/NC5_JanetKim

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.