Officials: Homeowner Fell Asleep Smoking, Started Fire - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Officials: Homeowner Fell Asleep Smoking, Started Fire

Posted: Updated:

LA VERGNE, Tenn. - A home in La Vergne was destroyed by fire after fire officials said a man fell asleep while smoking on Wednesday afternoon.

Officials said the homeowner woke up to find the mobile home on Willow View Drive on fire. He tried to pour water on the flames, but it quickly got out of control.

He got out of the home and called 911. Firefighters were able to contain the fire quickly.

The man was not hurt.

The mobile home was uninhabitable, and the resident was displaced.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.