1 recipe Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup (page 282) or 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken
soup plus 1/2 cup milk
1 packet (1 ounce) dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup chopped broccoli (see Note)
1 cup sliced yellow squash or zucchini (see Note)
2 carrots, thinly sliced (see Note)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the egg noodles, and cook according to package directions. Drain the noodles and set them aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning as needed, until browned on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the soup and ranch dressing mix to the skillet. Stir well and turn the chicken to coat it. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and let simmer. Cover the skillet and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Uncover the skillet and stir in the broccoli, yellow squash, and carrots. Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes more.
5. Place the egg noodles on a platter and spoon the chicken and vegetables over the top. Serve hot.
Note: You may substitute a 16-ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables, or an equivalent amount of the vegetables of your choice. Serves 4.