Electrical Fire Causes Serious Damage To Home - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Electrical Fire Causes Serious Damage To Home

Posted: Updated:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A fire in an electrical box damaged a home south of downtown Nashville on Christmas Eve morning.

When crews arrived on Lewis Street around 10 a.m., heavy smoke could be seem pouring from the back of the home.

Officials said the fire started in an electrical box, causing damage to the connecting bedroom.

The residents who were home at the time of the fire were able to make it out unharmed, and the fire department even helped them save Christmas too.

"We got our presents out, we still got a little Christmas. You know this can stop our Christmas joy. I'm just glad everybody made it out ok," said resident Gabriel Glenn.

The Red Cross was called in to assist the family with accommodations.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.