GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. – A chimney fire damaged a Goodlettsville home Wednesday night.
The homeowner was able to get out of her home on Brick Church Pike when the blaze started around 10:15 p.m. and call 911.
Fire officials said the fire was contained to just the chimney, but they had a hard time getting to the house due to it being in a remote area of Davidson County.
"It was 800 feet off the road, up a hill, and we had to go across a creek with a very small bridge. The only pieces of equipment that we could get up there were one of the small engine companies and we had to call in a support unit from the Joelton area to help assist with getting equipment up the hill," said District Chief Donald Alford.
No one was injured, and the victim was not displaced.
Most of the damage was to the exterior with minor interior damage.
Evangelist Franklin Graham prayed on a sidewalk outside the Pentagon Thursday after his invitation to a prayer service inside was withdrawn because of comments that insulted people of other religions. More>>
Students in the Academy of Energy and Power at Maplewood are busy getting ready for next week's Project Expo and had the opportunity to show it off some of their projects to Tennessee Congressman Jim Cooper.