NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation continued its search Sunday near a house in Decatur County in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Holly Bobo.
The investigation appeared to be scaled back, and there was limited activity on the property off of Adams Lane in Parsons, TN. The TBI still blocked off the entrance to the property and agents still focused on the site. The scene was still encouraging for many in the close knit community who are anxiously waiting for answers.
"The waiting is difficult and it is tiresome to have all the ups and downs," said Kevin Cox, a friend of the Bobo family. "This is the first hope we've had in a number of months. It does give us renewed hope that questions will be answered soon."
The TBI executed search warrants at various locations in the area early Friday morning. No other details were released. The TBI would not say what prompted the search warrants or what agents hoped to find almost three years after Bobo disappeared.
"To say we have a suspect in this case would be premature. We have been working leads on this case which led to the search warrant executions," TBI Executive Officer Illana T. Tate said in an email statement.
Over the course of the three day investigation, officials with the TBI have been seen using shovels and various other tools to dig and sift through dirt behind a house in Decatur County. After a cadaver dog went over the area, investigators began driving probes down into the ground to see if they might hit upon anything solid. Several vehicles were also seen being towed away from the area. The owner of either vehicle was not known.
Zachary Rye Adams, a 29-year-old apparent lifelong resident of Decatur County, has been identified as the resident living on the property. Adams was apparently taken into custody with the Decatur County Sheriff's Office around 4:30 p.m. Friday on charges of aggravated assault. It was not immediately known whether or not those charges were related to the Bobo case.
Adams has not been named a suspect or a person of interest in the case.
According to a police affidavit, Adams has a prior conviction from 2012 for theft, and he was just arrested two days ago in neighboring Benton County on drug charges.
A 12 hour prayer vigil for Holly Bobo was held Saturday at Corinth Baptist Church in Darden, Tenn. Rev. Don Franks, a pastor at the church, said over the course of the day more than 400 people stopped by.
"They asked we pray for Holly and they also asked we pray for the success of what they've been doing and indeed this will be the day we find Holly and bring her home," said Franks.
Friday afternoon, Mark Gwyn, Director of the TBI, said in a briefing that the investigation remains ongoing and asked anyone with information to come forward.
"We believe that there are people, individuals in Decatur County that have some vital information pertaining to the disappearance of Holly Bobo," said Gwyn.
Gwyn also said they will be conducting more interviews in hopes of acquiring more information.
Holly Bobo was last seen at her family's home in Decatur County on April 13, 2011, when her brother Clint told authorities he saw a man in hunting clothes leading the 20-year-old into the woods around the family home.
The search has reached far outside the small towns of West Tennessee. Fliers and cards with Bobo's picture and description can still be found throughout Tennessee and in neighboring states. Truckers with cross-country routes have affixed decals with Bobo's picture on them on their vehicles.
Vicki Forrester works at the CB Shop where Holly's picture has remained at the store since she disappeared.
"It's been hard on this community," said Forrester. "We're a small community -- things like this don't normally happen."
Anyone with information about Holly's case is urged to call 1-800-TBI-FIND. A $250,000 reward is being offered in the case.
- May 11, 2013: Holly Bobo's Family Makes New Push For Search
- April 18, 2013: TBI: Purse Found Did Not Belong To Holly Bobo
- April 13, 2013: Family Remains Hopeful Two Years After Bobo Disappearance
- Aug. 22, 2012: Kidnap Survivor To Speak Up For Holly Bobo
- Aug. 11, 2012: Volunteers Continue Search for Holly Bobo
- Feb. 29, 2012: TBI Gets High Number Of Psychic Tips In Holly Bobo Case
- Feb. 21, 2012: Police Using Psychics In Search For Holly Bobo
- Feb. 1, 2012: Reward Increased To $250,000 In Holly Bobo Case
- Jan. 6, 2012: Search Warrant Issued Against Man Hampering Bobo Case
- Dec. 31, 2011: Community Gathers New Year's Eve to Remember Holly Bobo
- Oct. 12, 2011: Service Held On Holly Bobo's 21st Birthday
- Aug. 13, 2011: Benefit for Holly Bobo's Family Held at Hard Rock
- Aug. 9, 2011: Holly Bobo Family Opens Up On OpenLine
- Aug. 1, 2011: Paragliders Join Search For Holly Bobo
- July 12, 2011: Truck, Car Decals Hope To Raise Awareness Of Holly Bobo
- June 25, 2011: More Than 100 Bikers Ride for Holly Bobo
- June 24, 2011: Motorcycle Ride Held Saturday For Holly Bobo
- June 23, 2011: Family Of Holly Bobo Speaks Out
- June 13, 2011: Monday Marks 2 Months Since Holly Bobo Disappearance
- May 27, 2011: Holly Bobo's Hometown Always Hopeful
- May 20, 2011: Prayer Walk For Holly Bobo Planned For Saturday
- May 13, 2011: Holly Bobo Still Missing One Month Later
- May 11, 2011: Still No Sign Of Holly Bobo Four Weeks Later
- May 5, 2011: Community Prays For Holly Bobo's Return On Day Of Prayer
- May 4, 2011: Wednesday Marks 3 Weeks Since Holly Bobo Disappeared
- May 3, 2011: Missing Student's Family Wants Property Searches
- April 24, 2011: Holly Bobo Search Volunteers Answer Call For Help On Easter Sunday
- April 21, 2011: Attempted Abduction Could Be Related To Holly Bobo Case
- April 20, 2011: Vigil Held To Mark 1-Week Since Holly Bobo's Disappearance
- April 19, 2011: Day 7 Of Search For Holly Bobo In Decatur County
- April 18, 2011: $75,000 Reward Offered In Search For Holly Bobo
- April 17, 2011: Volunteers Gather for Missing Woman Search
- April 16, 2011: Family, Friends Continue Search for Missing Woman
- April 15, 2011: Lunchbox Of Missing Woman Found In Decatur County
- April 14, 2011: Family Pleads For Help Finding Missing Decatur Co. Woman
- April 13, 2011: Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted