by Chris Conte
PARSONS, Tenn. – A community in Decatur County is reeling after charges of aggravated kidnapping and first degree felony murder were handed down in the disappearance of Holly Bobo.
If heartache were a color, then in Parsons it would be pink, the favorite color of Holly Bobo who called this part of Decatur County home until her kidnapping back in April of 2011.
In a place where everyone seems to know the Bobo family or have some connection to the blonde haired, blued eyed UT Martin Student there was a profound sense of loss that filled the town Thursday -- less than 24 hours after the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations announced a nearly three years long search for Holly had led to the indictment of Zachary Adams.
"You still had hope that she's going to come home but yesterday saying that (she was dead) you didn't have that hope anymore," explained Parsons resident Jennifer Moore.
Main Street in Parsons on Thursday was punctuated by dozens of pink bows that for residents once symbolized hope that Holly would return but now serve as a reminder of her memory.
"You just give it to God and let God handle it, that's what you do in tragedies," Moore added as she held back tears.
Holly's parents declined to comment to the media on Thursday saying through their pastor they are too still upset over recent developments to speak publicly about their daughter.
However, a statement reportedly from the Bobo family was posted late Thursday night on the Bring Holly Bobo Home page:
"In the recent days, it feels like everything has come against our hope and it seems that all our trust was shattered. We still have hope because of who our hope is in. Holly had that same hope and faith, because of Jesus Christ we will see her again. Jesus will provide us the strength and grace to see us through."
- March 5, 2014: Holly Bobo Suspect Has History Of Violence Against Women
- March 5, 2014: A Look Back At The Holly Bobo Case
- March 5, 2014: Zachary Adams Charged With Kidnapping, Murder Of Holly Bobo
March 4, 2014: Documents Reveal Details Leading Up To Zachary Adams' Arrest
- March 3, 2014: Man Whose Property Searched In Bobo Case Held On $1M Bond
- March 2, 2014: TBI Search Continues Behind House In Bobo Case
- June 12, 2013: Man Accuses Indiana Cop Of Killing Holly Bobo
- May 11, 2013: Holly Bobo's Family Makes New Push For Search
- April 18, 2013: TBI: Purse Found Did Not Belong To Holly Bobo
- April 13, 2013: Family Remains Hopeful Two Years After Bobo Disappearance
- Oct. 12, 2012: Candle Burning Encouraged For Holly Bobo's 22nd Birthday
- Aug. 28, 2012: Elizabeth Smart Speaks On Behalf Of Holly Bobo
- Aug. 22, 2012: Kidnap Survivor To Speak Up For Holly Bobo
- Aug. 16, 2012: Search Continues For Holly Bobo Sixteen Months Later
- Aug. 11, 2012: Volunteers Continue Search for Holly Bobo
- Feb. 29, 2012: TBI Gets High Number Of Psychic Tips In Holly Bobo Case
- Feb. 21, 2012: Police Using Psychics In Search For Holly Bobo
- Feb. 1, 2012: Reward Increased To $250,000 In Holly Bobo Case
- Jan. 6, 2012: Search Warrant Issued Against Man Hampering Bobo Case
- Dec. 31, 2011: Community Gathers New Year's Eve to Remember Holly Bobo
- Oct. 12, 2011: Service Held On Holly Bobo's 21st Birthday
- Aug. 13, 2011: Benefit for Holly Bobo's Family Held at Hard Rock
- Aug. 9, 2011: Holly Bobo Family Opens Up On OpenLine
- Aug. 1, 2011: Paragliders Join Search For Holly Bobo
- July 12, 2011: Truck, Car Decals Hope To Raise Awareness Of Holly Bobo
- June 25, 2011: More Than 100 Bikers Ride for Holly Bobo
- June 24, 2011: Motorcycle Ride Held Saturday For Holly Bobo
- June 23, 2011: Family Of Holly Bobo Speaks Out
- June 13, 2011: Monday Marks 2 Months Since Holly Bobo Disappearance
- May 27, 2011: Holly Bobo's Hometown Always Hopeful
- May 20, 2011: Prayer Walk For Holly Bobo Planned For Saturday
- May 13, 2011: Holly Bobo Still Missing One Month Later
- May 11, 2011: Still No Sign Of Holly Bobo Four Weeks Later
- May 5, 2011: Community Prays For Holly Bobo's Return On Day Of Prayer
- May 4, 2011: Wednesday Marks 3 Weeks Since Holly Bobo Disappeared
- May 3, 2011: Missing Student's Family Wants Property Searches
- April 24, 2011: Holly Bobo Search Volunteers Answer Call For Help On Easter Sunday
- April 21, 2011: Attempted Abduction Could Be Related To Holly Bobo Case
- April 20, 2011: Vigil Held To Mark 1-Week Since Holly Bobo's Disappearance
- April 19, 2011: Day 7 Of Search For Holly Bobo In Decatur County
- April 18, 2011: $75,000 Reward Offered In Search For Holly Bobo
- April 17, 2011: Volunteers Gather for Missing Woman Search
- April 16, 2011: Family, Friends Continue Search for Missing Woman
- April 15, 2011: Lunchbox Of Missing Woman Found In Decatur County
- April 14, 2011: Family Pleads For Help Finding Missing Decatur Co. Woman
- April 13, 2011: Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted