by Janet Kim
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Investigators haven't said whether or not they have located Holly Bobo's body, but a Decatur County man has been charged with her murder.
Zachary Rye Adams was charged Wednesday with the aggravated kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo. Prosecutors in Decatur County said they may seek the death penalty in this case, which could also be more difficult without a body.
Well-known prosecutor Tom Thurman, who handled the infamous Perry March case, spoke with NewsChannel 5 Thursday about how prosecutors will handle the case against 29-year-old Adams.
He said while the case is more difficult without a body, it's not impossible.
"Obviously you don't have to have a body," said Thurman. "You can have other evidence, direct evidence or circumstantial evidence. I don't want to speculate on the evidence but who knows-you could have a confession, you could have all these different things. You could establish the death of the individual."
Thurman said a corroborated confession would be the strongest support of evidence in a case of this magnitude.
Holly Bobo was last seen at her family's home in Darden on the morning of April 13, 2011, when her brother told authorities he saw a man in hunting clothes leading the 20-year-old into the woods around the family home.
- March 6, 2014: Accused Killer: 'You Never Was You Stupid Wh***'
- March 6, 2014: Community Devastated By Murder Charge In Bobo Case
- March 5, 2014: Zachary Adams Charged With Kidnapping, Murder Of Holly Bobo
- March 4, 2014: Documents Reveal Details Leading Up To Zachary Adams' Arrest
- March 3, 2014: Man Whose Property Searched In Bobo Case Held On $1M Bond
- March 2, 2014: TBI Search Continues Behind House In Bobo Case
- May 11, 2013: Holly Bobo's Family Makes New Push For Search
- April 18, 2013: TBI: Purse Found Did Not Belong To Holly Bobo
- April 13, 2013: Family Remains Hopeful Two Years After Bobo Disappearance
- Aug. 22, 2012: Kidnap Survivor To Speak Up For Holly Bobo
- Aug. 11, 2012: Volunteers Continue Search for Holly Bobo
- Feb. 29, 2012: TBI Gets High Number Of Psychic Tips In Holly Bobo Case
- Feb. 21, 2012: Police Using Psychics In Search For Holly Bobo
- Feb. 1, 2012: Reward Increased To $250,000 In Holly Bobo Case
- Jan. 6, 2012: Search Warrant Issued Against Man Hampering Bobo Case
- Dec. 31, 2011: Community Gathers New Year's Eve to Remember Holly Bobo
- Oct. 12, 2011: Service Held On Holly Bobo's 21st Birthday
- Aug. 13, 2011: Benefit for Holly Bobo's Family Held at Hard Rock
- Aug. 9, 2011: Holly Bobo Family Opens Up On OpenLine
- Aug. 1, 2011: Paragliders Join Search For Holly Bobo
- July 12, 2011: Truck, Car Decals Hope To Raise Awareness Of Holly Bobo
- June 25, 2011: More Than 100 Bikers Ride for Holly Bobo
- June 24, 2011: Motorcycle Ride Held Saturday For Holly Bobo
- June 23, 2011: Family Of Holly Bobo Speaks Out
- June 13, 2011: Monday Marks 2 Months Since Holly Bobo Disappearance
- May 27, 2011: Holly Bobo's Hometown Always Hopeful
- May 20, 2011: Prayer Walk For Holly Bobo Planned For Saturday
- May 13, 2011: Holly Bobo Still Missing One Month Later
- May 11, 2011: Still No Sign Of Holly Bobo Four Weeks Later
- May 5, 2011: Community Prays For Holly Bobo's Return On Day Of Prayer
- May 4, 2011: Wednesday Marks 3 Weeks Since Holly Bobo Disappeared
- May 3, 2011: Missing Student's Family Wants Property Searches
- April 24, 2011: Holly Bobo Search Volunteers Answer Call For Help On Easter Sunday
- April 21, 2011: Attempted Abduction Could Be Related To Holly Bobo Case
- April 20, 2011: Vigil Held To Mark 1-Week Since Holly Bobo's Disappearance
- April 19, 2011: Day 7 Of Search For Holly Bobo In Decatur County
- April 18, 2011: $75,000 Reward Offered In Search For Holly Bobo
- April 17, 2011: Volunteers Gather for Missing Woman Search
- April 16, 2011: Family, Friends Continue Search for Missing Woman
- April 15, 2011: Lunchbox Of Missing Woman Found In Decatur County
- April 14, 2011: Family Pleads For Help Finding Missing Decatur Co. Woman
- April 13, 2011: Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted