Craft expert Marty Brooks shows us how to create "Cheepers by the Dozen" on Talk of the Town. If these little cheepers don't make you smile, you need a bigger dose of Peeps!
12 cup muffin pan or 12 cup mini muffin pan (metal)
White primer spray paint
Acrylic enamel paint: bright yellow, grass green
Optional paint: pink
12 sets of wiggle eyes (I used 7mm- 10 sets of black and one each set of blue and green)
Orange fun foam
Sticky back magnets (I used roll magnet that can be cut to size with scissors)
Glue (I used Bond 527)
Ribbon for hanger
Optional: Black Sharpie marker
1. Wash and dry the muffin pan of your choice. Spray the back side with the white primer and let dry.
2. Paint the cups yellow. This will try more than one coat. Let each coat dry before painting more.
3. Paint the rest of the muffin pan back with the green paint. You may brush the coats on smoothly or exaggerate your brush strokes to give it more of the appearance of grass.
4. Most muffin pans will have one or two holes for hanging. Locate the holes on your pan. This will be the top of your memo board. Glue on the wiggle eyes near the center of each cup.
(Optional: Use the optional pink paint to add "blush" to the cheepers' cheeks. Dip the paint brush in the pink paint and dab almost all the paint off onto a paper towel before tapping the chicks' cheeks.)
5. Cut 12 triangles of orange fun foam. My triangles are not precisely the same size but are each about 3/4" to 1" on each side.
6. Cut magnet pieces and adhere to the back of each triangle. Place a beak on each chick's face.
7. Tie a ribbon through the holes of the muffin pan and hang. Your "Cheepers by the Dozen" memo board is ready to "lay on" the messages!
Music City Entertainment NewsMusic City Entertainment NewsMore>>
Friday, June 14 2013 8:30 AM EDT2013-06-14 12:30:52 GMT
Mumford & Sons has canceled its headlining performance at Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Tennessee.more>>
Mumford & Sons has canceled its headlining performance at Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Tennessee. The decision comes after bassist Ted Dwane received treatment this week for a blood clot on his brain.more>>
Thursday, June 13 2013 8:40 AM EDT2013-06-13 12:40:53 GMT
This year is a particularly strong Bonnaroo lineup with a number of must-see acts you ought to check out before they're so big you'll be standing at the back of the crowd watching them on the video screens.more>>
It's the down-list acts, though, that make this a particularly strong Bonnaroo lineup with a number of must-see acts you ought to check out before they're so big you'll be standing at the back of the crowd watching them on the video screens.more>>