Man Using Generator Dies From Poisoning - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Man Using Generator Dies From Poisoning

Posted: Updated:
Randy Wilkerson Randy Wilkerson

LAFAYETTE, Tenn. - There's been another tragedy related to the tornadoes in Macon County.

"Last night, I go to bed and my mom comes in and wakes me up and tells me my dad's dead. I didn't understand," said Holly Wilkerson.

Her father Randy Wilkerson died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

He bought a generator to power his storm-damaged mobile home.

Authorities said he died from carbon monoxide poisoning by the generator.

His roommate found him Friday morning.

"He was a great guy," said Rick Henry. "He was the kind of guy that he'd give you the shirt off his back. He did a lot of stuff to help people."

Hundreds of people are still without power Friday in Macon and Trousdale counties.

Fire investigators urge everyone to be careful when using a generator.

Authorities will decide later whether to count the death as part of the tornado's toll. Fourteen people died in Macon County from storm injuries.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 NewsChannel 5 (WTVF-TV) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.