Karman Meyer, RD, LDN, make Chocolate Banana Oat Bites. (see recipe below) Get more of Karman's recipes and nutrition advice on her website, www.TheNutritionAdventure.com Follow her
on Facebook @TheNutritionAdventure and on Instagram @karmanmeyer
Chocolate Banana Oat Bites
1 c quick oats
1 ripe banana
1/4 c whole, raw almonds
2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
1 T shelled hemp seeds
1 T almond butter (or other nut butter)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 c dark chocolate morsels
1. In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate, until it forms into a ball.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Using a tablespoon measure or scoop, form 1" balls and place onto baking sheet.
3. To melt the chocolate, use a saucepan and a glass bowl that fits inside the saucepan without touching the bottom. Fill the saucepan with water about 1/4 full and place the glass bowl on top (the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl). Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add chocolate morsels and melt, stirring occasionally with a rubber scraper or metal spoon. Once chocolate is melted, turn off the heat.
4. Using a toothpick, pick up one ball at a time and dip it halfway into the chocolate, then place back onto baking sheet. Continue this until each one is dipped chocolate. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the chocolate to harden.
5. Keep the Chocolate Banana Oat Bites refrigerated until ready to eat
Prep Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 15 pieces
Serving Size: 3 pieces
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…