KOHLRABI FRITTERS WITH CREAMY CUCUMBER DRESSING
- 2 kohlrabi
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup grapeseed or vegetable oil (enough for ¼-inch depth in a large skillet)
- Cut the leaves off the kohlrabi and peel the bulb. Peel 1 carrot. Shred the vegetables in a food processor, or by hand using a grater. Squeeze the shredded vegetables in a tea cloth (or with your hands) to remove moisture, then add to a medium bowl with 1 egg, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne. Mix to combine.
- Place 1/2 cup oil in a large skillet (enough for 1/4-inch depth). Heat the oil over medium high heat, then place small patties of the fritter mixture into the oil. Fry on one side until browned, then fry on the other side. Remove and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
CREAMY CUCUMBER & DILL DRESSING
- 1 cup chopped (small / Kirby type) cucumber
- 3/4 cup sour cream I used light
- 1 tablespoon heaping mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 green onions chopped (white and light green parts only)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Milk if needed to thin the dressing
- Place all ingredients, except the milk, into a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth. Depending on the moisture content of your cucumber, you might need to add a splash of milk to thin out the dressing slightly.
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…