Kristen Daughtry from the Middle Tennessee Strawberry Festival made a No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake. The 77th Annual Middle Tennessee Strawberry Festival - Festival Day is Saturday, May 12th in Portland, TN. There will be fun activities for the family all day long starting at 10am. The parade begins at 4pm. Free parking will be available at Portland High School with a free shuttle that will bring attendees to the festival site beginning at 10am. For r a complete list of activities, go to MiddleTNStrawberryFestival.net or call (615) 325-9032.
No Bake Berry Icebox Cake
1 box Vanilla Wafers (can also substitute graham crackers)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 (4 serving size) boxes instant cheesecake flavored pudding (can also substitute vanilla)
2 1/2 cups of milk
8 oz whipped topping
4-5 cups fresh berries
1. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese and both packages of instant pudding with a hand mixer.
2. Gradually mix in the milk. Once combined, fold in the whipped topping.
3. Spread a spoonful of the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
4. Fold about 3-4 cups of cut berries into the cream mixture, reserving some for the topping.
5. Line the bottom of the 9x13 baking dish with vanilla wafers, breaking them to fit the corners if needed & spread half of the berry/cream cheese mixture on top.
6. Top with another layer of vanilla wafers & remaining half of the filling.
7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours & top with remaining berries before serving as desired.