NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — If you plan on drinking during the St. Patrick’s Day holiday weekend, AAA has an option for you to get home safely.
Once again, AAA is offering its Tow to Go program for the holiday weekend. The service is available Friday, March 15 through 6 a.m. on Monday, March 18.
Call (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246 to get a ride.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says 234 people were killed in drunk-driving related crashes during the St. Patrick’s Day holiday from 2013-2017 – making it one of the deadliest holidays on the nation's roads.
“Celebrating safely is not a matter of luck,” said Amy Stracke, executive director of the ACG Traffic Safety Foundation. “If you’re going to be out drinking or hosting a party where alcohol will be available, please plan ahead so everyone gets home safely.”
Here’s more information from AAA:
- “Confidential local ride to a safe location within 10 miles.”
- “The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home.”
- “Free and available to AAA members and non-members.”
- “Based on the availability of AAA drivers and tow trucks during times of high call volume.”
- “Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.”