Apt. Complex Trash Fire Likely Caused By Hoverboard

Posted at 3:49 PM, Jun 30, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-30 17:08:32-04

Mt. Juliet fire crews responded to a trash fire they believed was likely caused by a hoverboard.

It happened at Deerfield Apartments on Providence Drive in Mt. Juliet around 1:35 p.m.

The trash compactor was full of 5 days worth of trash from the complex. The hoverboard was found on top of the crash partially melted and burned.



The cause was not certain and the flames were quickly put out. Yet, officials said there was a strong probability that it was caused by the toy.