Cell Phone Video, Radio Transmissions Released In Officer-Involved Shooting

Posted: 6:51 PM, Feb 16, 2017
Updated: 2017-02-16 20:29:19-05

A new cell phone video has given a brief but new look at the scene of the fatal officer-involved shooting of Jocques Clemmons.

The woman who shot the cell phone video did not want to reveal her identity. She was at the scene minutes after the shots were fired.

She told NewsChannel 5 that she heard the gunshots and left her home at James Cayce Homes to investigate.

WARNING: The video could be disturbing to some.

The video clip shows three Metro officers standing over Jocques Clemmons and looking down at him after he was shot three times.

He then begins to move and one of the officers says "Stay still man. Stay still." Clemmons later died from the gunshot wounds -- one to his hip and two to his back.

The neighbor who shot the video said, "I think it's important for the public to see it."

She went on to say, "I saw the male laying on the ground and I saw officers just standing there looking trying to figure out what to do."

The woman was upset the officers were not administering first aid or applying any pressure to stop the bleeding from Clemmons' wounds.

She said the video is only ten seconds long because officers told her to move. The Metro Police Department does have a copy of her video, but has not commented on it.

The department, however, did release yet another piece of security camera video. It shows officer Joshua Lippert,  who fired the deadly rounds, kneeling next to Clemmons.

It's not clear if he's rendering first aid or trying to secure Clemmons at the scene, but he does appear to be touching him.

Some have raised questions about how long it took for an ambulance to arrive at the scene. A review of the security video shows paramedics arrived in under eight minutes.  

The department also released the radio transmissions between officers at the scene.

The first call came from a frantic officer saying a suspect was running on South 6th Street. It was then followed by several calls including a couple of "...shots fired."