News

Actions

Child Hospitalized After Nashville Apartment Fire

Posted at 11:36 AM, Dec 12, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-12 19:53:09-05

One child has been hospitalized for smoke-inhalation after an apartment fire in Davidson County.

The fire broke out in a room of the apartment at the JC Napier home, located at 576 Charles E Davis Boulevard.

Officials with the Nashville Fire Department said when crews arrived on the scene they found the child’s mother on the porch and unable to go back into the apartment.

Firefighters found flames in one bedroom. Fortunately, the child, identified only as a toddler, was found in another bedroom; however, he was found under his bed, unconscious.

The child was breathing when he left in an ambulance. He was transported to the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital for treatment. 

The toddler was listed in critical, but stable condition.

It was not clear how much damage was caused in the fire, or if neighboring units were damaged. 

The cause of the fire was an unattended candle.