More than 250,000 were expected in downtown Nashville for this year's 4th of July celebration, but city leaders have announced some big changes for safety.
Backpacks and coolers will not be allowed at Ascend Amphitheater and The Green at Riverfront Park during the 4th of July shows.
Because of the inconvenience and added cost, the Visitors Bureau has decided to create new locations to buy two bottles of water for $1 during the heat of the day.
Permitted Items Include:
- Collapsible chairs everywhere, except Ascend Amphitheater
- Blankets and ground tarps (6’x8’ or less)
- Handheld personal-sized umbrellas (up to 36”)
- Personal cameras
- Small bags with maximum measurement of 16”x10”x4”
Note: All chairs and umbrellas must be taken down and put away by 4:30 p.m.
Prohibited Items Include:
- No coolers
- No backpacks
- No outside alcoholic beverages
- No illegal drugs
- No fireworks
- No guns, knives, other weapons or dangerous devices of any kind
- No laser pointers
- No pets (except service animals)
- No pop-up tents
- No beach or pole-style umbrellas
- No wagons or pull-carts
- No drones or other remote controlled aerial devices
- No audio recorders, video or professional cameras
- No inserting stakes, poles or any other objects into the ground, or use of roes, cords, tape, etc. to reserve space
- No unauthorized vending, sales, sampling or solicitation (event credentials required)
- No unauthorized personal transport devices, including bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, hover boards Segways, golf carts, mopeds, etc. (event credentials required)
- No pedicabs or pedal taverns
- No unauthorized amplification devices permitted, which disrupt event production, including handheld megaphones
- No performances or demonstrations of any type unless previously authorized by event (event credentials required)
- No collapsible chairs in Ascend Amphitheater
Note to Boaters: No anchorage between Woodland Street Bridge and KVB Bridge.
The festivities was set to begin on Sunday, July 3, at 3 p.m. at the Music City Stage located at The Green at Riverfront Park with DJ DU.
Brandy Clark will headline the concert with Shelly Colvin and Jason Eskridge also performing, followed by a five-minute fireworks show at 9 p.m.
Activities begin on Monday, July 3, at 3 p.m. then wrap up with one of the country's biggest fireworks shows from 9:35 p.m. to 10:05 p.m.
For more information on 4th of July in Music City, click here.