An elderly couple has been displaced after fire broke out at their East Nashville home late Sunday night.
Nashville Fire Department officials said an elderly couple was at the home on Marswen Drive in East Nashville when the fire started just before midnight.
A neighbor said the couple was sitting on their porch when he came outside to see flames shooting as high as 20 feet from the roof. The neighbor convinced the couple to come to his home where it was safe.
— Blayke Roznowski (@NC5_Blayke) February 26, 2018
Fire crews said the fire started in the bathroom of the home. They were able to get the flames under control quickly, and rescue a dog that had become trapped inside.
Investigators said the fire may have been electrical in nature.
The couple was not hurt. However, the district fire chief said there was enough damage to keep them out of their home for several months. The Red Cross was dispatched to help the couple temporarily.