News

Actions

Crews respond to fire above Assembly Food Hall in downtown Nashville

fire
Posted at 8:12 PM, Aug 05, 2021
and last updated 2021-08-05 21:47:49-04

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Nashville firefighters worked to put out a kitchen fire at a residence above the Assembly Food Hall in downtown Nashville.

Nashville Fire Department officials say no one was in the apartment when the fire broke out except for a dog, which alone inside.

Officials say the stove was accidentally turned on, starting the fire. The sprinkler system activated and the water poured from the balcony, which prevented more damage that would have been done by the water.

Fire Investigators are on the scene. No injuries were reported and the fire was able to get the pet out safely.