Firefighters Respond To Gas Leak At Apartment

Posted at 6:50 AM, May 30, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-30 07:50:52-04

A family was displaced for a brief time overnight after a gas leak. Officials said it could have been much worse.

Crews from the Nashville Fire Department responded to an apartment at 823 South 6th Street, south of Shelby Avenue in Nashville just after 12:30 a.m. Monday after the leak was reported.

Firefighters said there was a strong smell of gas at the home when they arrived. They were able to shut off the gas and air out the apartment until the source of the leak could be found.

No one was injured. 

It was not clear how many apartment units were effected.