The Nashville Hepatitis A outbreak has grown to 94 confirmed cases since December of 2017.
MPHD continues to work with the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH), as well as other Metro Departments and community organizations in response to the outbreak. Work continues to reach three at-risk groups.
Those at greatest risk of exposure to hepatitis A in the current outbreak include:
- People who use drugs (not just injection drug use)
- Men who have sexual contact with men
- Individuals experiencing homelessness
Health Department staff be offering free hepatitis A vaccine to the at risk groups in the coming weeks at the following events and locations:
- Out Loud Music Festival: 9/8/18, 5 p.m. -10 p.m. 1519 Church Street
- Nashville Rescue Mission: 9/20/18, 639 Lafayette St.
- St. Thomas Medical Mission at Home: Municipal Auditorium, 9/22/18 8 a.m. -2 p.m.
- Room in the Inn: 705 Drexel St., Thursday 9/27/18, Thursday 10/11/18, and Thursday 10/25/18
- Operations Stand Down Event, Room in the Inn, 10/20/18