One person was injured when an early morning fire ripped through a Rutherford County home.
The call came in shortly before 2 a.m. Friday at a home on the corner of Azure Way and Molly Trail in Murfreesboro.
The homeowner told investigators he was in such a panic when he called 911, that he accidentally gave the wrong address. As a result, it took crews a little longer to get to the location.
— Sophie N-K (@NC5_SophieNK) August 12, 2016
By the time officials with Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue arrived on scene, the blaze had gotten so large they had to pull back due to the heavy smoke and flames.
When they finally got inside, they found flames on the second floor, kitchen, bedroom and den areas. Fire was also found in the attic area of the home.
Within a matter of minutes, the roof collapsed.
The homeowner was taken to an area hospital with moderate burns. He said he was cooking when a grease fire quickly got out of control.
Both residents have been displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.