News

Actions

10 Families Displaced In Madison Apartment Fire

Posted at 2:42 PM, Oct 22, 2016

Investigators said they’re trying to figure out what sparked a fire that damaged multiple units in a Madison apartment complex overnight.

In total, ten families were forced out of their apartments.

The fire happened at the Amalie Meadows Apartments on Kate Road around 11:15 p.m. Friday.

According to firefighters, there were flames shooting out of some of the windows on the third floor when they first arrived.

Residents on the second floor let NewsChannel 5 into their apartment Saturday morning to see the damage.

The carpets were soaked, and one room had a hole in the ceiling from the fire on the floor above. 

Jose Alonzo, the man who lived there, described how scary it was to come home Saturday morning.

Luckily everyone got out in time, and firefighters said no one was injured.

The Red Cross has been helping out the displaced residents.