A family of seven was able to escape their burning home after a young boy alerted his grandmother when he smelled smoke.
The incident was reported early Monday morning at a residence on 14th Avenue North, located north of Nashville.
Officials with the Nashville Fire Department said 5-year-old Marx-avier Anglin is credited with waking up his grandmother when he smelled smoke in the house.
The family was able to escape while crews battled the blaze.
The interior of the home was heavily damaged.
A resident said a dryer may have been the cause of the fire, but that has not officially been determined.
No additional details were known.