An elderly woman was taken to an area hospital after fire broke out inside her Bellshire community home.
The incident happened shortly before 11 a.m. Friday, at a residence on Westchester Drive, located not far from Brick Church Pike.
Officials with the Nashville Fire Department said the blaze began in the kitchen of the home. She had apparently left something in a toaster, which caused the fire to ignite.
A neighbor apparently saw smoke and called 911.
The woman was found passed out in a bedroom. She was taken to an area hospital, where her injuries were not known.
Fire officials said she’s lucky the neighbor spotted the smoke just in time.
No additional details were known.