A family of four has been displaced following a house fire in Davidson County.
The fire happened at a home in the 2900 block of Edge Moor Drive just before 8 p.m. Sunday.
— Brandon Marshall (@NC5_BMarshall) March 20, 2017
Authorities confirmed all four people inside, including 96-year-old Maxine Hines, made it safely out of the home. No injuries were reported.
"When I looked around it looks like flashes of light, and I thought candles from where I was, and I got up and started up that way to see what it was and by the time I got out here the flames were on the roof," Hines said.
The family had lived in the home for at least 20 years.
Fire officials said it's believed the fire started somewhere in the basement. The investigation remained ongoing.