News

Actions

Fire Destroys South Nashville Home

Posted at 8:15 AM, Oct 26, 2016

A south Nashville home has been destroyed in an early morning fire.

The blaze happened early Wednesday morning at a home on Louise Drive, located not far from Nolensville Pike and Thompson Lane.

Officials with the Nashville Fire Department said fire was started by an electrical malfunction and originated in the right front attic area. 

Crews said the home was fully involved when they got to the scene. Large, hot flames destroyed the roof and the inside structure. 

The home was being remodeled at the time of the fire and was empty when firefighters made entry.

However, the house did have electricity and they think it may have played a role in the incident.